Today I am going to be doing something a bit different from the usual beauty review and this is because I was nominated to take part in the Sunshine Blogger award by the lovely A Shouty Ms and I thought it would be a great way to let you all know a bit more about me.
Firstly I’m going to let you in on what the sunshine blogger awards are all about,
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog to this post
- Answer the eleven questions asked by your nominator
- Nominate eleven bloggers
- Ask them eleven questions, different to the ones you’ve answered
- List the rules
- Display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and blog site
What sort of a feminist are you?
I don’t think I’m brave enough to call myself a feminist but I do wish for everyone to be seen as equal. I also follow the rules of building females up rather then knocking one another down, that way we can be so inspirational to each other.
What’s your top tip for a new blogger?
To get as organised as you can, know what you want to incorporate in each post and be ready to work your nuts off writing and self promotion. It’s also important to remember why you blog, and if you feel there is something special in what you do – keep pushing!
Dogs or cats?
We actually have both in our house, a border Collie called George and two cats, Miss Bojangles and Wusseywat. I love them all but nothing beats a snuggle with my cats.
How do you give back to others?
I try my best to be as helpful towards others as I can, to be honest there is a lot more I could do and will be something I look at myself about and evaluate. I should really get involved in my community a bit more and help at local events, this will be something I’ll set goals towards.
What’s the thing that you love but lots of people hate?
It’s disgusting and I know you shouldn’t but I love pimple popping I find it fascinating, I could watch Dr pimple popper on Youtube all day and not be at all squeamish.
What are your top three books?
I have loads but here goes:
- Melvin Burgess Junk
- George Orwell 1984
- Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse stories
What are you grateful for today?
I am grateful for having a happy and healthy family that I can love and care for, nothing else matters as long as I have the ones I love around me.
What song will be played at your funeral?
I haven’t got one probably something up beat that made everyone feel happy instead of sad, I know my husbands’ is Blue Oyster Cult “Don’t Fear The Reeper”.
Where would you like to go on a city break?
It’s cliche but New York, I want to be Carrie although Samantha is more my personality (I can be quite crude).
If you could add one thing onto the school curriculum, what would it be?
I would add courses about finances and how to manage yours as you grow older. There would be topics such as bill paying, overdrafts and just general financial planning that prepares you for adult life.
What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
To be unapologetic for who you are as person, to stay humble and treat others as you wish to be treated.
Thanking A Shouty Ms for the great questions I hope I’ve managed to answer them all to a satisfactory level. The eleven questions I decided to ask have been kept to blog based as that’s an immediate thing we all have in common and I would find it really interesting to see why everyone blogs. So without further delay here they are :
- What interested you in blogging to begin with and gave you a kick to starting?
- Who has been your biggest inspiration withing the blogging community?
- How do you plan/prep your posts?
- Do you have any tips or advice you’d like to share on getting started with a blog?
- How do you get in the mood to start writing? (If I don’t have a cup of tea, a candle burning and earrings in … It’s not happening)
- How do you cope with writers block?
- What has been your most fun post to date? (Add a link so we can all have a good read)
- Have you been to any amazing events as a result of your blog, if so where? If not are there any you’d like to attend?
- How do you feel about the photography game that comes with blogging?
- What do you hope to achieve from your blog space?
- Can you sum up how blogging makes you feel in three words?
The people I am nominating to take part in this fun, little task are:
@Newlune , @lifewithlilred , @bibisbookblog
@beautyholics101 , @tarheelfit , @katedaysaweek1 , @adventuresofacornishmaid
Hope you have enjoyed getting to know me a little better and this has as much fun to read as it was me thinking of answers. I will be getting back to normal on Tuesdays post so until then have a great weekend.