This month I’m going to set some more goals but I’m going to expand them not just to blogging but life and beauty wise. I’m interested to see if this has a positive effect on my all round life and helps improve my productivity in other areas.
I don’t really make blogging goals based on numbers as it is not something that is a great motivator for me. I tend to stick to content, trying to be organised enough to have ideas that would be fun to read but are also a little insight to brands or even myself as a person. Here are my September blog goals:
- Keep to my two posts a week schedule, making sure I have notes for each post and I produce the best content I can for the lovely people that take the time to read my blog.
- Take part in twitter blog chats more often. They are fun and a great way to find friends with common interest who can be a great support within the community.
- Read more of my favourite blogs and be active in commenting the work I love. I will also be using the twitter chats to find new blogs I can enjoy and support.
- My last target is to learn more about SEO (or try to get my head around it) I am dying to achieve a little green light from Yoast!!
As a beauty blogger I love everything cosmetics and this month I have decided to put some targets in place to better my understanding and improve my ability with make up and skincare.
- Work on my skincare routine. Right now my routine is pretty good and I’ve just stocked up on The Ordinary products to try them out but what I really want to do this month is learn about which products work for me and why. I want to look into ingredients and how they work for my skin. I know a little bit already but as they say ‘Knowledge is power’ so I could always learn more.
- I am diabolical at putting on eyelashes. I even avoid doing them myself and often just go to my salon and get extensions. I am going to master the art of false eyelash application this month.
- Practise and Prep a make up look for my night off. Twice a month the husband and I have a night off from the children (Thank you grandparents) and we often go for food. The last few times I have got ready so quickly and haven’t had time to enjoy the process. This month I am going to plan make up looks and practise them ready for my evenings off. That way I don’t have to stress about what products to use and what eye look to go for (I can hear the whispers of ‘High maintenance’ haha).
I have never ever set any life goals as far as self care goes and this makes me a bit disappointed in myself. I am making September the month I change this. I’m not going to set myself massive targets to start off but little things that I think will help change my thought process and help my anxiety.
- Eat earlier and healthier – I am a sucker for getting take out. Once the kids are finally sleeping and I have finally sat down the last thing I want to do is get back up to cook. I’m going to apply the organisation I have for my blog and prep meals that are nutritious and filling. Hopefully this will give me a boost mentally too.
- Have one night a week where all technologies are turned off or put away. Since going camping and having no form of WiFi or Television I found I really enjoyed the silence and head space it gave me. As a family we did simple things such as play cards, colour and I even had time to read.
- Seek out information and help for anxiety. I have always avoided the fact I suffer from anxiety. Over the past few years since leaving work and looking after the kids full time it has got progressively worse as I don’t have to push myself into situations that make me uncomfortable as much. I have also found that when I do push myself into these situations it can now often end in me having a panic attack. I need to sort this and learn about how to deal with my feelings so that I can live an as ‘normal’ as possible life.
There you have all my September goals, I have a little wall chart that is brightly coloured and eye catching so I can stay up to date. I was wondering how many of us set goals and targets like this. Do you find it motivating? Let me know in the comments section. Plus if you have any goals you want to share or any information on the topics I’ve discussed please feel free to add them in.
Next post will be Friday so until then I hope you all have a good week.
If you liked this post you may like the few listed below:
The Vault: Jaclyn Hill x Morphe a Review
A Beginners Guide to Foundation: What you need to know
The Beauty Bookshelf: Sali Hughes’ Pretty Honest