I was recently asked by the lovely Lynette over at Life With Lynette to take part in the blogger recognition award. It is a lovely little award that spreads the love and helps everyone know their input into the blogging world is appreciated. I am really happy Lynette thought of me when nominating and thank her for involving me. I have been excited to take part.
Here Are The Rules:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created
I’m going to dive right in and tell you a bit about my blog and some tips and advice I’ve learnt along the way.
How I Started My Blog
Believe it or not I started a blog during my university years on Tumblr (I’m showing my age now). Things never really took off, mainly as I didn’t have a clue how to use Tumblr properly and I was not confident in myself enough to have a direction with what I wanted to say. I always had ideas but I just couldn’t get them down and out there.
Fast forward nine years (a really long time I know) and my life had some dramatic changes. I had left full time work due to becoming a parent to three little ones. The three all came along within the space of four years and I was feeling a bit lost within myself. I was losing the identity of who I was and feeling like ‘just a mum’.
Randomly one evening I said to my husband “I’m going to start blogging about all the things I love” (I have taken media and English throughout my schooling so knew a bit about writing). Next day I set up a page on WordPress and Kate’s Beauty Home was born.
It’s been just over a year and I have loved every minute of it. It’s challenging and hard to get into a rhythm at first but once you’ve found your beat it becomes so much fun. I have had the pleasure of making new friends in the community who have been so supportive in helping me on my way and I have found something that gives me ‘Kate’ back not just ‘Kate the mum’.
Two Bits Of Advice
- Reach out to others who inspire you! Yes it’s daunting, Yes you will worry about coming across like a weirdo, but you will be surprised by the response. The community is lovely and there are genuine people who want to support and help you. Take part in Blogger Chats to find people who are on the same wave length as you and start making conversations.
- Please don’t worry about numbers! They come, it takes time and hard work. When I first started I was hearing so much about how big peoples numbers were and I really stressed myself out on how to get there. It takes all the fun out of what you are doing and puts a humongous pressure on yourself when your only just beginning. Truth is my numbers, after a year, are still not anywhere near some others but I am now past caring. I write to express myself, to have discussions and interact with people. If you love it and put in the effort it will come.
I don’t think I can quite do 15 so here are some people I would like to give some recognition and a big cheer to.
That is all for today I hope the people I nominated don’t mind I just wanted to let you all know I see you all working hard. Next post will now be Monday as I start Blogtober.